Sunday, October 15, 2017

Hitting the Highlights


I wanted color...
...and I found color!


Little Manitou Falls
Pattison State Park, WI

I have often said that the only things about Michigan that I miss are family and the trees. This past week gave me a full dose of each!

The whole purpose of this trip was to throw a 50th wedding anniversary party for my parents. The party was well attended. It was the first time since 2005 that all of my brothers and sisters and I have been together all at the same time in the same place! I got to see all of my nieces and nephews except one, and only one of my aunts was unable to attend! It was great to see everyone and just spend time sitting around and catching up. 

But on to the things that might actually interest you!

Before we even got to Michigan, we had one walk in the woods already under our belt! In all, we spent at least part of seven days outside. We visited one nature preserve, a favorite beach, and five state parks. We even took a boat ride. We also spent time wandering the woods on three different family properties. 

In the coming days, I will be adding individual posts for many of the places that we visited. It would take me way too long to do it in one post, and even my most loyal followers would find such a post completely overwhelming! So stay tuned!  


My uncle's barn
Cheboygan, MI

Sable Falls in
Michigan's Upper Peninsula






2 comments:

  1. Your anonymous mom wants to again say thanks for your part in our wonderful party. I'm so glad you were able to find beauty along the way. Our weather has been much better than it usually is this time of year, but our colors have been somewhat lacking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One day I want to afford all your pictures like the Sable falls one above! I love that picture! As soon as I have a house this coming year!

    ReplyDelete