Tuesday, October 15, 2013

This is Where I Want to Be

From the summit of the Beartooth Pass

From the Dead Indian Pass on the Chief Joseph Hwy
As I was surviving my half-hour on the elliptical this morning, the Alabama song "Right Where I am (is Where I Wanna Be)" came up on my i-pod. While on the elliptical (or even sitting at the computer typing this) is NOT where I want to be, one line in the song describes me perfectly ~ "Each to his own, but I feel at home, standin' on this mountain high."




From the plateau above Independence

My favorite part of any drive/hike/ride is when we come out of the tree line and reach the summit. I especially love the summits where we can see mountains in every direction. I thought I would share some of my favorite mountain vistas.  


Also from Independence




 Enjoy!
Iron Mountain
Benbow Road
This was taken from the Silver Run Plateau. Unfortunately, the day we actually made it to the top of Silver Run Peak (12,500 ft), it was snowing (in August!) and we couldn't see a thing. :(
 

1 comment: