Saturday, May 2, 2015

Lovin' my Friday



After a couple of rough nights at work this week, I was so ready for it to be Friday! Since Dan is playing a tournament on Monday, we had to start the day at the golf course. It was a beautiful morning, and I played okay, so it wasn't too much of a trial. I was eager, though, to get done, because we also had plans for the afternoon. 

As the weather has improved, I have been impatient to get back into the mountains. Since the Chief Joseph Scenic Highway is kept open all winter, it was a sure bet. But we also got a bonus ~ the road between the highway and Cooke City opened for the season this week, so we went right on through into Yellowstone. 

My main objective for this trip was wildlife pictures. While it is still a few weeks too soon for babies, I expected that the adult animals were going to have spring fever just as badly as I do. We have seen moose and bears on the Chief Joseph before, so we were on high alert. But we saw nothing but a goose and a few ducks. 

However, our luck was about to change as we came into the park. We were only a mile or two past the entrance when I spotted a small canine walking along the road. It was not a small coyote, as I first thought, but rather a large fox. It even paused a couple of times to pose for us. And we were just getting started! We added a black bear and big horn sheep, then a moose, and finally an elk.


As daylight started to fade, the nearly-full moon rose over the mountains and made for a picturesque drive home. 











1 comment:

  1. Dad really liked the bear picture, but I liked them all. That fox sure has an awesome tail! Your blogs are always so interesting. Keep up the good work. Mom

    ReplyDelete